Graduated as a Physiotherapist, she holds clinical experience of 30 years. Her experience includes working with the Singapore General Hospital, Mt. Elizabeth Medical Centre and in a private sector. She is also a registered member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP) UK, HCPC (UK) and the Singapore Physiotherapy Association (MSPA).
She has gained over 21 years of experience in private practice and outpatient set-up and is involved in Clinical Services Management, protocol Developments and Operational Management for Out-Patient Services.
Monika’s strength lies in managing Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation and Pain Management. Her main interest lies in Breathing mechanics and posture and alignment.
She is also involved in the development of SCORES – a spinal core stability program using Achievo Pressure Biofeedback and Real-Time Ultrasound that is presently being used in Physio Asia.
- Presented on SCORES at Association of South-east Asian Pain Societies Congress (ASEAPS 2015) in Manila, Philippines
- Invited to present at Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging (RUSI) International Symposium (2015) at the Samsung Medical Centre in Seoul, Korea
- Conducted Pre-congress workshop on SCORES with Felicity Kermode at World Lumbo-Pelvic Pain Congress, Singapore (2016)
- Invited speaker at physiotherapy convention Apollo hospitals Delhi, India (2017)
- Conducts training sessions for SCORES in South East Asia including Malaysia, Korea, Philippines and India.
- Conducts talks for corporates on ergonomics, posture corrections and back n neck pain in Singapore.
- Establishing standards in the organisation to help achieve the various awards for Physio Asia Therapy Centre
- Monika also mentors undergraduate/postgraduate physiotherapy students from USA or Singapore on clinical placements.